Oct 21, 2016

It's October Already?!

I have spent the past 6 weeks thinking that I'm going to return to this blog any day now. Just a few more things to check off the to-do list and then I'll have time to sit down and write a post... and clearly a few becomes a few more and a few more until suddenly 6 weeks have gone by.

What have we been up to?

We went on our annual family vacation to Cape Cod. It was our last year being able to go in September, Oliver starts kindergarten next year. I swear it was more beautiful there than ever - we had warm weather, lots of beach time, sunshine and relaxation. It's one of my most favorite places in the whole world.







When we got back, Oliver had his tonsils out. It's been 3 years in the making and a difficult decision, but in the end it was medically necessary. He was home for 10 days, but it's amazing how fast they bounce back. He's doing great now, I really hope it makes a difference in his health this year and going forward.




We're still trying to get our sea legs as a family of four. Every time I think we have a handle on things, there's something new. The kids, the dog, the house, one of us. Colds, bronchitis, sleep regressions, chronic canine esophageal regurgitation to name a few. I'm starting to think that things might never actually calm down. Maybe this is why so many bloggers quit blogging when they have two kids - life is suddenly so much harder, crazier, complicated.




I'm not complaining, I'm just sharing why I've been so absent. It's crazy, but it's good. Honestly I'm trying to just enjoy the ride because I know this time is precious and fleeting. Life with two kids might be twice as hard, but it's also twice as fun and rewarding. While some days feel impossible and I honestly don't know how we can go on this way... at the same time we're the happiest we've ever been.

Our social life is ridiculously kid-centric (when everyone is healthy) - play dates, birthday parties, trips to the playground, family stuff... but it's still good. We've squeezed some of our favorite fall activities like pumpkin picking and apple picking. We decorated for Halloween. Oliver's enthusiasm for the holiday increases every year and it's contagious. I think this is going to be our best one yet.




So I have every intention of starting up again here and blogging, for real this time. My goal is once a week. Whatever we're up to. It won't be a lot of house content for a while, but it will be something

1 comment: